Providing A Wide Range Of Family Law Services
Family law is largely about rights, responsibilities and legal disputes associated with marriage and parenthood. California laws spell out how to formalize a marriage and how to end a marriage. Almost no one starts a marriage with divorce in mind or expects to need a child custody order someday. Family law disputes can be very difficult. Even when there is agreement between the parties involved, legal processes are often complex and confusing.
Look For A Family Law Attorney Who Will Truly Be On Your Side
The guidance of an experienced, compassionate and efficient family law attorney can go a long way toward making a hard time easier to understand and get through. Goodrich & Cheung, LLP, from law offices in El Centro and San Diego, has a strong track record and a solid reputation among past clients in and around Imperial County and San Diego County.
Family law is an important part of our law practice in central San Diego. There is a great need for our services in matters such as divorce, child custody and adoptions. From our law offices in San Diego and El Centro, we work with clients from throughout the region, including from Clairemont and nearby communities.
When You Need Family Law Representation, You Need A Lawyer You Can Trust
Laws having to do with child custody, child support, juvenile dependency and guardianship may not seem interesting until they become personally important. When you find yourself in need of a divorce, a custody order or another court action, the first step is to find a knowledgeable, understanding lawyer who knows how to translate the laws into strategies for pursuing your goals, such as:
- An uncomplicated, cost-effective and expedited uncontested divorce
- A reasonable conclusion to a contested divorce
- A restraining order in the event of domestic violence or threats
- Equitable property division as part of a divorce or a domestic partnership dissolution
- Division of debts
- Spousal support, if appropriate during or after your divorce
- A child custody order that emphasizes the best interests of the child and parent-child bonds
- A child visitation arrangement that promotes stability in a parent-child relationship for the parent whom the child does not live with most of the time
- A child support order calculated fairly and enforced as needed
- Guardianship for a minor or for an adult with disabilities
- A paternity action (possibly involving DNA testing)
- A stepparent adoption or another type of private adoption
- A resolution to a juvenile dependency or DA case
We Fight For Local Families
We welcome your inquiry regarding your family law issue. Call 858-429-9958 or send an email message to request an initial consultation with no further obligation.